Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jet lag means more photos

I've been home for two days now.  I'm fighting to get into a healthy routine, but I'm a mere mortal when it comes to jet lag.  It's 3:05 AM and I'm wide awake.  The result is more photos for my non Facebook friends;



Angkor Wat, Cambodia




See this little jerk eyeballing me?  He thinks he's the boss of things.   

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Mui Ne, Vietnam

Primary school in Sapa, Vietnam. 

Sapa, Vietnam






Sapa, Vietnam homestay (during Sapa trek)




During my trip, I typically ate one meal a day at a sidewalk place similar to this one in Hanoi, Vietnam.  By 7AM, the sidewalks are full of folks sitting on these little stools and eating noodle soup (common breakfast food throughout southeast asia). 

My Christmas breakfast in Hanoi, Vietnam. 

Elyse making the "but they're going to kill the snake" call.  Just outside of Hanoi, Vietnam

Luang Prabang market food (Laos)


Our tour guide and vehicle.  Bagan, Myanmar.

Bagan, Myanmar




Morning in Bagan, Myanmar
Just before sunrise.  Bagan, Myanmar


"the then way".  Prince Hotel.  Maurk U, Myanmar. 


Maurk U temple statue

Jenna with a local in Maurk U.  The locals liked to see photos of themselves.  This is a town that doesn't get a ton of visitors and digital cameras are still something of a novelty. 

"The Crazy House" in Dalat, Vietnam.  This place was freakish to put it mildly.  The story goes like this; a Vietnamese woman went to Russia to study and then came home to Dalat and built the house of her dreams. The much more plausible explanation; a rich Vietnamese woman went crazy. 
Imagine your wildest childhood nightmare and then build a house based on it.  That's what we have here.




No comments:

Post a Comment